Rather than writing a letter, you may be able to fill in an application form for a loan, either online or in branch. You could try phoning the bank to check on the required procedure if you can't find information online.
However, if for whatever reason, you do need to write a letter, this is an example of how I would go about it.
- Put your address at the top right of the page, leave a space below and then put the date underneath this.
- On the left side of the page, address the letter to the loan manager and put the address of your local branch.
- The letter should start with 'Dear Sir' underneath which you can put Re: Loan Application' and underline it.
- Explain that you wish to take out a loan and tell them how much you wish to borrow and for what purpose.
- Give your employment details so that they know you can pay back the loan, Give a quick summary of your financial situation.
- Propose a repayment plan and (if known) take into account the bank's interest rates.
- Thank the loan manager for his time, sign off with 'yours faithfully' and under that sign your name and then write the full version of it underneath in capital letters.
I hope that helps, good luck!