How Do I Write A Letter Releasing My Attorney?


1 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
In the US, you can make the letter very simple.  Address it to the office on record to his attention. 
Dear Mr./Ms. ______
I am writing to notify you I have retained new counsel in ______ (the matter of) as of ______(date).
Best regards,
Your name
If you have not retained new counsel, simply change the verbiage to read that you are no longer in need of this attorney's services.  If this lawyer is claiming any outstanding money from you, he can retain your files until the bill is paid. 
Just one additional note:  if he's the attorney of record on paperwork that's already been filed with a court,youshould notify the judge or clerk in question for the case, as well.

Answer Question