The plot summary for The Third Ingredient by O. Henry:
The story follows the character of Hetty Pepper, who is a lower-class woman who has just lost her job at the department store. Hetty befriends a neighbour and new love interest, who provides her with ingredients to make a stew. The book follows the journey of their companionship.
Some facts about The Third Ingredient
- The Third Ingredient was published in 1908.
- It has since been adapted to cinema, under the same name in 1917.
- The Third Ingredient has been made into a kinetic novel in English and Russian.
About O. Henry
- O. Henry was born William Sydney Porter on 11th September 1862.
- He died on 5th June 1910 at the age of 47.
- O. Henry was arrested on charges of embezzlement, but fled before his trial. He was eventually sentenced to five years imprisonment.